Most times acne is caused by clogged pores, either from hair follicles that have become clogged or clogged with oil and dead skin cells. Common area’s to break out are on your forehead, face, chest, shoulder’s and upper back, with either white heads, black heads, pimple’s. Even though acne is commonly seen in teenagers, it definitely does not only effect teens, it can effect anyone, at any age.
1. White heads (closed clogged pores)
2. Blackheads (open clogged pores)
3. Small red, tender bumps (papules)
4. Pimples (pustules) which are papules with pus at their tips.
5. Large, solid, painful lumps found under the skin (nodules)
6. Painful, pus filled bumps under the skin (cystic lesions)
Treatment’s are available, acne can be tough to treat. It can cause emotional distress and scarring of the skin if not treated properly or from picking at the scars while they are healing. It is important not to pick at the scabs as they are drying out, as this will cause scaring of the skin.
Symptoms that could make your acne worse:
4. Certain medication’s